Dish name: Easy Mexican Rice
What we need:
- Basmati rice- 1 cup, cooked
- Olive oil-3 tbsp
- Garlic cloves-4 to 5 minced
- Pepper whole-4
- Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
- Red or green capsicum-1/4 cup,diced small
- Sweet corn ,carrot and broccoli -1/2 cup
- Tomatoes -2 pureed or 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- Veg masala cube or chicken masala-1
- Coriander leaves for garnish
How we make
- Take a large skillet and add oil to it
- Now add garlic, pepper and stir fry
- Add onions and saute till raw smell goes away
- Add the chilli powder ,and the vegetables to the skillet
- Add little water enough to cook the veggies but let veggies be crunchy not soft
- Add the chicken/veg masala cube,tomato sauce and cover with lid and cook for 5 mins
- Keep stirring in between
- Now add the rice,salt and mix rice through the veggies nicely
- Once again cover the lid and leave it for 2-3 mins
- Garnish with coriander leaves Serve warm.
Total time spent:20 mins
Traditionally the raw rice is cooked with spices but I chose to follow up the recipe using cooked rice.
If you trying the recipe with raw rice then soak the basmati for 15 mins and 1 cup rice needs 2 cup of water for cooking.What you can do here is once you saute the veggies,add spices and water .Once water starts to boil add the rice and cook it till it’s ready.Its just like the way we make pulao.
Well ,one more tip for making the rice non vegetarian is by adding small chicken pieces along with vegetables and sauteing it or only the chicken pieces sauted with tomato sauce and then follow the same process of cooking.