Dish Name:Gobi Chilli
What we need:
- Small cauliflower- 1
- Oil for deep frying
- Green chilli- 2 or 3 , slit
- Pepper- 1 tsp
- Soya sauce(optional)-1 tbsp
- Coriander for garnish
- All purpose flour( maida)-1/2 cup
- Cornflour-1/4 cup
- Maggi masala-1 tsp
For chilli- garlic chutney
- Dry red chilly-6 to 7(soaked in water for 20 mins)
- Garlic clove-8
- Vinegar-1 tbsp
- Sugar-1 tsp
How we make:
Make the batter by adding enough water to make thick consistency for dipping the cauliflower florets.
Squeeze out water from chillies and grind it smooth with all the ingredients mentioned, without adding water.
- Cut medium size florets ,wash and clean dry
- Keep oil for heating
- When it’s hot,dip the florets in batter and deep fry them till golden brown and crispy
- Drain excess oil from cauliflower, over a kitchen towel
- Next add a tbsp of oil in another flat bottom pan or you can use the same vessel again
- Add 2- 3 tbsp chilly garlic chutney into this and saute it nicely
- Make the flame medium high and now add chillies and the fried florets and mix well
- Adjust the salt and pepper
- Add the soya sauce or just a tsp of lemon juice will do
- Garnish with coriander and serve with tomato ketchup
Total time spent- 30 mins
You can make the chutney and keep it in fridge in air tight jar for a week and use it as chutney spread for parathas or add in fried rice while you saute the vegetables.
Batter should be thick such that when you coat the florets batter shouldn’t easily drop .You can make the recipe more or less spicy with addition of chilli chutney.Green chilli can be substituted for capsicum in this recipe.