Dish Name: Spicy prawns fry
What we need:
- Prawns-8 to 10
- Oil for deep frying
- For Marination-
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
- Turmeric-1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder-3/4 tsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Few Coriander leaves
- Tandoori masala powder-1 tsp
- Pinch of red food colour(optional)
How we make:
Clean and de vein the prawns and wipe them dry.In a bowl,Marinate prawns with all the ingredients.Cover the bowl with cling film and keep it in fridge for at least an hour.
- After an hour take the bowl out of the refrigerator
- In a non stick kadhai,keep the oil ready for frying
- If required mix an extra teaspoon of cornflour in marination before frying
- On medium high flame,Fry the prawns to golden color in batch of 4 to 5
- Fry them 4 to 6 mins
- Don’t over cook,else the prawns turn rubbery
- Once ready, drain the excess oil on paper towel and serve it warm
Cooking time :15 mins, Marination time-1 hour
You can also coat the prawns with rice flour or breadcrumbs instead of cornflour.But add breadcrumbs just before deep frying.Marination time should be a minimum of 30 mins at least and you can also marinate the prawns overnight and keep it in air tight container in freezer and cook it the next day.When you defrost the prawns ,if the marination becomes a little watery then you can add an extra teaspoon of cornflour or breadcrumbs if needed .
With the same ingredients we can make this recipe vegetarian by using cottage cheese( paneer) or tofu in place of prawns.