Dish Name:Jumbo Egg Toast Sandwich
What we need:
- Bread slices- 8
- Cucumber-1 small,grated
- Potato- 1 medium ,boiled and grated
- Tomato- 1 medium,sliced lengthwise
- Steamed mix veggies(optional)-Sweet corn,carrot and green peas- 4 tbsp, boiled
- Amul butter
- Eggs- 2, boiled and sliced
- Coriander leaves- 4 tbsp,chopped
- Green chutney-4 tbsp
How we make:
- Keep all the ingredients ready
- In a bowl,add the mix veggies and sprinkle salt over it
- in a separate bowl mix together potato,salt pepper
- First toast the bread slices to golden brown and crunchy either in skillet or toaster
- Spread the butter on every slice and keep it aside
- Take a buttered slice and evenly spread grated potato over it.
- With help of fork slightly press the potato on the bread
- Now keep slices of tomato and sprinkle pepper on it
- On the other slice, spread the green chutney and add a tbsp of mix veggies and sprinkle pepper over it
- Now take one more slice and keep 3-4 egg slices on it
- Garnish it with cucumber,coriander leaves ,green chutney and pepper
- We take a serving plate,place the potato layer at bottom ,then egg later in centre and finally veggies layer or plain chutney layer at top and place another buttered toast to cover the veggies.
- Gently press the sandwich and with sharp knife cut the sandwich to form two triangular shaped sandwiches
- You can give a final Garnish of your choice and serve the sandwich immediately
Total time spent-20-25 mins
Every bite is healthy one and when you add this recipe in your weekend menu,it will be your favourite.One jumbo sandwich is a good brunch option and can even make kids happy if served it in tiffin.
You can also have only green chutney slices placed with cucumber and potato between egg layer,unless you have all the vegetables at home and you plan to make the recipe.
Lots of variations can be done in this recipe from the choice of vegetables you choose and using different type of chutneys as you like.You can also grill the sandwich if you like it that way.