Fenugreek or methi is a good source of iron and protein.It can be used either fresh or in dried form popularly known as kasuri methi.Though bitter in taste its widely used in both veg and non veg dishes as well.
Dish Name: Methi ki sabzi
What we need:
- Methi leaves- 2bunches (washed and leaves seperated from stems)
- oil-3 tbsp
- Onion-1 medium,finely chopped
- Green chilly-4,chopped
- Moong or Masoor dal -1/2 cup(rinsed and soaked for 15 min)
- Water-1/4 cup
- salt as needed
How we make:
In a pestle ,add onion ,chilly and garlic and ground it roughly.
Add oil in the cooking vessel.
- After oil is ready,add the garlic,chilly and onions and stir it.
- Keep stirring till fragrance of garlic and onion leave the vessel.
- Add the methi and salt and mix well.
- After a min add in the soaked dal
- Add water enough to cook the dal.
- Cover and cook till the dal becomes soft.
The crunchiness of dal in methi brings a new taste to the sabzi. I like garlic flavor so in case you want to enhance the taste,add more garlic .
Ready to serve with jowar roti or chapati.
Total Time spent-35 mins
You can skip adding the dals and cook veggi directly. If you have time and patience and want to try new flavor each time ,then tur dal can be added but it has to be boiled with salt and Haldi in advance and can be added in the same way as we add masoor dal. Also remember to add some water to cook it .It’s easier using dals that cook quickly along with the vegetable.