Dish Name: Tindora sabzi
What we need:
- oil-1/4 cup
- Curry leaves-5-6
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Tindora -250 gms,cut length wise or roundels
- Onion-2 finely chopped
- Tomato-1 small ,finely chopped(optional)
- Ginger garlic paste- 1/2 tsp
- Tamarind pulp-1/2 tbsp
- Red chilly powder-1 tsp
- Turmeric-1/2 tsp
- Jaggery -1 tbsp,grated
- Dhania (coriander powder)-1 tsp
- Coriander leaves- 1/4 cup ,chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly scraped coconut to garnish(optional)
How we make:
In a cooker ,Heat oil.
- Add mustard and let it splutter.
- Add curry leaves ,ginger garlic paste,onions and sauté it.
- When onions become transparent ,add dry masalas and sauté again.
- Add tomatoes and stir for about 5 mins and close the lid
- When masala leaves oil ,add the Tindora’s
- Add salt and tamarind .Tindora generally has tangy flavor so we add jaggery in order to balance the taste.U can skip if u don’t like sweet and tangy flavoured veggy.
- Now pour in some water to pressure cook the Tindora. Close the lid and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Before serving, garnish it with scraped fresh coconut and dhania leaves.
Ready to serve with chapati, roti,phulka or as a side dish for dal rice.
Total time spent:30 mins
You can also skip adding one of the ingredients i.e either tomato or tamarind pulp if you prefer enjoying the recipe less tangy and more spicy.