Soyi or dill leaves vegetable has a strong and tangy taste and is popular for it’s culinary as well as medicinal properties.I like it cooked as a vegetable ,or in parathas,few fry items,and also garnish some soups and gravies.Loaded with a good amount of vitamin A and C ,it helps in digestion and enhances immune system.
Dish name:Soyi bhaji
What we need:
- Dill leaves bunch- 1 medium size
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Masoor dal-2 tbsp,soaked for 30 mins
- Garlic- 1 tbsp crushed roughly
- Onion- 1 small ,finely chopped
- Green chilly- 2 ,finely chopped
- Salt to taste
How we make:
Clean ,wash,and finely chop the vegetable.
- Heat oil in cooking vessel.when it’s ready add garlic and chillies
- Give a quick stir as the garlic will start changing colour soon
- Now add onions and mix well and let the onions and garlic leave the raw smell
- Add the soaked Dal and vegetable and close the lid
- After 3 mins ,open the lid stir the vegetable so that Dal get mixed evenly with the leafy veggy
- Add salt and 1/4 cup water for cooking,and once again cover the vessel and cook the vegetable till the water dries up and Dal and vegetable is cooked b Read to be served with jowar roti, chapati or Dal rice.
Total time spent: 25-30 mins
As we soaked the Dal prior to cooking ,it saves the cooking time.Also u can use soaked moong Dal in place of masoor Dal .If you like the sabzi little spicy then increase chilli and garlic qty as per your like.