What we need:
- Instant Jamun mix pack-100 gms
- Sugar- 1 & 1/2 cup
- Water – 2 & 1/2 cup
- Rose water-1 tbsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Water for kneading the dough
How we make:
- We start with making the sugar syrup by adding water & sugar as mentioned above.
- When it starts boiling simmer the flame, add the rose water, give it a stir.
- Cook for 10-15 mins till the syrup thickens.
- Switch off the gas and keep the syrup aside to cool down.
- Meanwhile make the dough. Sprinkle water just enough to make the dough sticky as you knead it. Mix it gently.
- Don’t add water all at once, else the dough becomes too soft.
- Once the dough ready,give a resting time of 5 mins and start making the balls.
- Try to keep size of jamun small as they bloat up in syrup when ready.
- Keep the oil ready for deep frying.
- Medium size 12-15 Jamuns can be made.
- Deep fry them in batches on medium low flame.
- Care to be taken not to fry them till dark brown but nice and golden brown colour.
- Once done put them on paper towel for two mins and then add them into the syrup.
- Serve it after 15 mins.
Total time spent: 45 mins
Ready to be served warm or cold.Garnish with finely chopped dry fruits or serve it along a scoop of vanilla ice-cream