Aloo can be well combined with few green leafy and sometimes many variety of vegetables and cooked as one single dish. Introducing the methi leaves in aloo adds in the flavor of methi leaves in the sabzi making it even more tasty.No extra ingredients are used but still it’s a flavorful recipe.
Dish Name: Aloo methi ki sabzi
What we need:
- Aloo boiled-2 big size chopped in squares
- Methi leaves-1 small bunch finely chopped
- ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
- onions -1/2 cup chopped
- green chilli-2 chopped
- oil-2 tbsp
- salt to taste
How we cook:
Heat oil in Kadai.
- Add the onions and ginger garlic paste to the oil.
- Stir well.
- Add the chilies and methi leaves.
- close the lid and cook sabzi til leaves turn soft.
- When oil leaves sides of vessel add in the boiled aloo.
- Sprinkle salt and little water and mix well.
- cook till the water dries up .
Ready to serve with jowar roti or chapati.
Time Spent: 35-40 mins
You can also cook the potatoes directly instead of boiling them.add enough water to the vegetable to evenly cook the potatoes.But boiling potatoes in advance makes the process easy.Still we can save the cooking time if we cut potatoes into small squares.