Aloo or potato is the most widely cooked veggie in any household in India.Easy to make and easily available .U don’t have to walk miles to get it.In India every grocery shop will have it.Its mild flavor makes it a versatile item to cook either as a sabzi or fry it like crispy wedges.Also if cooked with skin, not only retains the flavor but also adds fiber to the dish.They are loaded with vitamins, fiber,potassium and manganese.
Dish name: Aloo ki sabzi
What we need:
Oil- 2 to 3 tbsp
Aloo – 1/4 Kg
Onions- 2 to 3
Green chilly-3 long
Mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
Curry leaves- 8
Hing powder- 1/4 tsp
cumin(Jeera)- 1 tsp
Methi seeds-4 to 5
Chana dal- 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice-1/2 tsp(optional)
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves- a handful,chopped
Pudina leaves or freshly grated coconut- for garnish
How we cook:
First we pressure cook aloo for 3 whistles till soft.Then peel and cut them in desired shape and keep it aside.
On a medium high flame,
- First heat oil in flat bottom pan.
- Add in mustard ,jeera, methi ,hing and curry leaves and give a quick stir.
- Add the Chana dal and stir the mixture well.
- Add the chopped onions and green chilies.Once the onions change colour, add the boiled aloo.U can even mash them before adding to the pan.
- Sprinkle salt and mix the aloo well with masalas and Close the lid
- After 2 mins,Stir the sabzi so that we avoid the potatoes from sticking to the pan.
- Garnish the sabzi with pudina and dhania leaves.Add lemon juice n grated coconut Once again close the lid ,and cook the veggie for a min.
Ready to eat. Serve with Phulka,chapati,puris or roti.
Time Spent: Approx 35 mins